i18n bug?

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Wed Jul 6 11:49:22 BST 2005

Lukáš Tinkl ha scritto:
> Dne st 6. července 2005 1:22 Pino Toscano napsal(a):
>
>>Albert Astals Cid ha scritto:
>>
>>>Well while trying to make kgeography i18n work i've spotted a strange
>>>thing when using i18n, i attach the files i've used to test.
>>>
>>>What i've done is create a simple program that outputs using i18n() the
>>>translation of strings A and áà. If i use test.po it works, but if i use
>>>test2.po only the translation of A is outputed and not the one of áà.
>>
>>I can confirm this bug, in kig there's an utf8 message that won't never
>>be translated (even if it's correctly extracted to the pot and correctly
>>visible in kabel - set to utf8).
>
> Can you point me more precisely to place where this happens?

Sure.
In the code, it's in kdeedu/kig/misc/coordinate_system.cpp, lines 360
and 367.
If you want to see it in the app, open kig, choose the polar coordinate
system from the settings menu and then objects->points->points by
coordinates. The first phrase will be translated, but the second not.

If there is another cause of that, which is it?

Cheers,

--
Pino Toscano