i18n bug?

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Wed Jul 6 00:22:37 BST 2005

Albert Astals Cid ha scritto:
> Well while trying to make kgeography i18n work i've spotted a strange thing
> when using i18n, i attach the files i've used to test.
>
> What i've done is create a simple program that outputs using i18n() the
> translation of strings A and áà. If i use test.po it works, but if i use
> test2.po only the translation of A is outputed and not the one of áà.

I can confirm this bug, in kig there's an utf8 message that won't never
be translated (even if it's correctly extracted to the pot and correctly
visible in kabel - set to utf8).

If the msgid contains utf8 chars non ascii, like accented letters (as
pointed out by Albert) or greek letters (for kig), then that string
won't never be i18n'ed.

Cheers,

--
Pino Toscano