RFC: addition of generic timezone support to kdelibs

Shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Sat Jul 2 20:25:21 BST 2005

mfranz wrote:
>> If people think this is auseful idea, I'll start with a KTimezone class and
>> kclock.
>
>Umm ... with kclock you don't mean kclock.kss, right? Because in this case
>I'd object.

Sorry, my bad: I meant to say "kcontrol/applets/clock".

FWIW, just looking at kdelibs, kdebase and kdepim, there are (inconsistent)
references to the system timezone database in:

./kdebase/doc/kicker/index.docbook
./kdebase/kcontrol/clock/tzone.cpp
./kdebase/kcontrol/locale/Makefile.am
./kdebase/kicker/applets/clock/zone.cpp
./kdepim/configure.in
./kdepim/korganizer/koprefs.cpp
./kdepim/korganizer/koprefsdialog.cpp
./kdepim/libkcal/calendar.h
./kdepim/libkcal/calendarresources.h
./kdepim/libkdepim/kpimprefs.cpp
./kdepim/libkdepim/kpimprefs.h

There is also a mini-timezone database in kdepim/libkcal/libical/zoneinfo
which I have not really looked at.

Thanks, Shaheed