kmix -> kdebase

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Fri Jul 1 20:28:29 BST 2005

Am Dienstag, 21. Juni 2005 15:18 schrieb S.Çağlar Onur:
> Hi;
>
> Sal, 2005-06-21 tarihinde 14:21 +0200 saatinde, Hans Meine yazdı:
> > <exaggerate>I would even vote for making the mixer icon in the systray
> > permanent as long as the user does not find a more-or-less hidden disable
> > button.</exaggerate>
>
> What about something like this? We are using this patch in our distro.
>
> http://svn.uludag.org.tr/paketler/trunk/kde-base/kdebase/files/pardus/kdebase-3.4.1-kdesktop-kmix-krandrtray.patch

This patch obviously only works with OSS drivers. Thus it won't work for Solaris, IRIX and is also not even suitable for all Linux distributions (those who run ALSA w/o OSS emulation).
Also this patch only checks for the existence of /dev/dsp : You don't know whether there is actually a soundcard attached.

  Christian

--
Is UNIX ready for the Desktop? See http://www.kde.org
KDE Developer: esken at kde.org