ioslave configuration

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Fri Jan 21 11:21:44 GMT 2005

On Thursday 20 January 2005 16:05, Matt Rogers wrote:
> haha, so you want to make an already large enough configuration dialog even
> bigger (and less usable, in all likelihood) by putting more stuff there?
Most people here would surely object...

> Right now, the best thing that i can think of would be a
> menu entry in konqueror's settings dialog that says 'Configure <ioslave>'
> and it runs 'kcmshell <ioslave kcm name>'
..but at least I think that this a great idea.

con: the settings menu is already quite large, and for example my dad does not
open "configure konqueror" right away (in << 10 seconds) when looking for
e.g. the java settings.

pro: nevertheless, I am sure the overall accessibility of these settings is
increased - currently, quite some people might not even guess that there
*are* audiocd:/ options anywhere

> But I still don't think that
> putting ioslave configuration in konqueror is a good idea.
I like your suggestion. ;-)

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS