Fix for printouts without margins

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Jan 19 15:48:32 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 13:30, David Faure wrote:

> On Wednesday 19 January 2005 14:17, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> > On Wednesday 19 January 2005 12:55, David Faure wrote:

> instead of stupidly printing up to the
> edge of the paper by default just because the printer can.

Well, consumer printers with "edge-to-edge" printing capabilities
are not long on the market. So it didnt become obvious until very
recently to many.

> I wonder why you seem so opposed to my suggested change when it
> would in fact improve the user experience with printing from many kde
> apps

Didnt I say, that it is OK for me *as long as I can still print
as close to the edge as I want* ?

I am opposed not to *change* it, but calling this a "bug" while
ignoring more obvious bugs (which are cases where printing from
KDE is *unusable*) -- which meat deaf ears as often as I tried
to discuss them.

Cheers,
Kurt