Fix for printouts without margins

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Jan 19 15:26:22 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 16:10, Goffioul Michael wrote:
> Patch looks OK to me.
Thanks!

> One further step would be to add minimum
> values to MarginWidget and not let the user specify smaller
> margins. Conceptually, this means:
>
> 	m_margin->setDefaultMargins(QMAX(Qt,driver));
> 	m_margin->setMinimumMargins(driver);

I could do that if you want, but then the user can't override the PPD "strict
minimum" margins, in case, well, the PPD would be wrong.

For a MSOffice analogy, when it tells you "warning, this will be outside the
printable area" you have (IIRC) the option of saying "yeah I know, shut up"
or "ok, revert". Whereas with a minimum value set in a spinbox there is no
way to override what the computer thinks is best for you...