KDE Search Widget

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Tue Jan 18 22:05:29 GMT 2005

I noticed that a number of KDE applications have begun to sprout simple search
capability within the main window/toolbar.  For example Konq, KMail,
KAddressBook and others.  It might be handy to make a common KDE search
widget so that this simple search will look consistant across the desktop.
Before embarking on making one or enhancing one I figured it would be wise to
solicit suggestions for code already in cvs that would be perfect for this.

>From looking in kdelibs I see KListViewSearchLine and KIconViewSearchLine
which look like helper functions for ListView and IconView and really should
probably inherit from a common basic search widget (with the pretty search
graphic, list saving/restoring, and clear).

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox
Public Key: http://www.icefox.net/public_key.asc