File deletion impossible II: Konqui reloaded ;)

Unai Garro ugarro at telefonica.net
Tue Jan 18 13:12:17 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 00:22, David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 17 January 2005 22:55, Unai Garro wrote:
> > Not sure if many have noticed this, but now konqui "doesn't know" how to
> > delete ftp files.
>
> Fixed.

Thanks, I'll test that as soon as I'm back on my home machine

> > By the way, I'd like to note a couple of interesting features too: Trash
> > folder allows to trash itself
>
> It's not a folder anymore, it's just a .desktop link, you are entitled to
> remove it, the trash will still work.

yes, what I meant is it looks and behaves like a folder for a user.  And once
deleted there's no method to recover it unless somebody sends a copy to you
(or you know the actual .desktop format). Also note that without this file
you can't empty the trash, since the trash kio doesn't show the option, so I
find it vital that this file shouldn't be deleteable. Maybe a permission
change by default should help?