Translation of \\foo\bar links into smb://foo/bar links

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Tue Jan 18 09:09:45 GMT 2005

Am Montag 17 Januar 2005 20:47 schrieb Jason Keirstead:
> I tried finding the right code, and ended up with the patch below, but it
> does not seem to suffice. I think I need to do something else in the
> paseURL function, but I really got lost in there. Any pointers?
The right code are the kurifilters and if you look at the current tests, it
says:

   // Windows style SMB (UNC) URL. Should be converted into the valid smb
format...
   filter( "\\\\mainserver\\share\\file", "smb://mainserver/share/file" ,
KURIFilterData::NET_PROTOCOL );

So your feature is already there and it works fine for me.

Greetings, Stephan