sane defaults

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Fri Jan 14 12:30:25 GMT 2005

Am Freitag, 14. Januar 2005 00:51 schrieb Frank Karlitschek:
> Hi,
> - Disable, at least, the "Document Relations Plugin"

From what I read it's already disabled :-)

> - Remove the cut, copy and paste toolbar icons from the webbrowsing

Strong support here -- cut and copy don't make much sense there anyways.
Another item that you might want to remove is "print". Printing is an
important and frequently used feature in textprocessing (because you
basically use textprocessors to create a printed copy in the end). But as the
primary purpose of webdocuments is that they are displayed on the screen (and
I'd guess that just every 15th-35th displayed webpage gets printed at max)
it's a rather unimportant feature for webbrowsers. Therefore we might
consider to remove it from the toolbar.

> profile. - Disable the ToolBarSeparator in Plastik.

Indeed it looks a lot less cluttered and easier on the eyes. To make it easier
for the user to still distinguish both toolbars we might shorten the line
leftjustified so that they are just as wide as the toolbarhandles. I could
imagine that it would look good -- haven't tried to create a mockup though.

> Afterwards Konqueror looks like this
> (http://www.kde-look.org/defaults/after.png) which is IMHO a much better
> setup for a Web Browser.
> What do you think?