sane defaults

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Thu Jan 13 23:36:29 GMT 2005

On Friday 14 January 2005 00:51, Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> Hi,

[...]

> - Disable, at least, the "Document Relations Plugin"

I am about to take over the amintainership of the rellinks plugin. I agree
that disabling it as the default would probably be nice, as many people does
not understand what it is. On a side not, I'm working on making the toolbar
optionally only visible when there are links to display.

> - Remove the cut, copy and paste toolbar icons from the webbrowsing
> profile. - Disable the ToolBarSeparator in Plastik.
>
> Afterwards Konqueror looks like this
> (http://www.kde-look.org/defaults/after.png) which is IMHO a much better
> setup for a Web Browser.

I currently use a *very* simple setup, as seen here:
http://alweb.dk/images/simplekonq.png

This is inspired by all the discussions about simplicity, and it feels quite
nice. I use the keyboard for edit operations anyway (also navigation often,
but i like the navigation menus in the toolbar).

-anders

--
www: http://alweb.dk
jabber: anderslund at jabber.dk