turning off konq extensions by default

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Thu Jan 13 18:17:49 GMT 2005

On Thursday 13 January 2005 1:57 pm, Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> I can. It has you in the about box, too: kopete.
> (Note: this post doesn't take a position on the issue one way or the other)

No... note my language in my example - plugins that are *installed* are
activated by default. Kopete plugins ship with the app. This is a totally
different situation.

If and when many of Kopete's plugins are moved to kdeaddons, I woudl expect
those to be activated on install as well.

The difference is this - if the user takes action to install a plugin, either
manually or via a package manager, then they *know* that the plugin is being
installed. They know it is there. They know they can remove it.

The issue with konqueror is many third party applications install Konq plugins
which the user is not aware of. They see all these extra crazy menus and
toolbar buttons, they don't know where they came from or what they are for ,
or how to get rid of them.

--
If you wait by the river long enough, eventually
you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.