turning off konq extensions by default

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Jan 13 19:05:01 GMT 2005

On Thursday 13 January 2005 19:14, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> - Any plugins in the kdeaddons/konq-plugins should be activated by default
I disagree. Web-developer tools like dom-tree-viewer are not for end users,
web developers can certainly find how to enable it.

> - Any plugins anywhere else, installed by any other app, should not (unless
> they are in kdenonbeta or something, in that case who cares)
This is impossible. Whichever mechanism we provide for kdeaddons konq-plugins
to say "activate me by default", other 3rd-party plugins can do the same if they want
to, there's no way we can really prevent it. Of course we can still change the default
behavior, but that's all.