turning off konq extensions by default

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Thu Jan 13 16:59:01 GMT 2005

On Thursday 13 January 2005 10:42 am, Hans Meine wrote:
> (To stress the point even more: It's the
> same with installed programs.  People tend to have hundreds/thousands of
> programs installed with modern Linux distributions, but they don't expect
> all of them to *run* by default or to have GUI elements on their screen,
> except in the program start menu, which corresponds to the extension

Plugins != applications.

If I install a Netscape plugin for Flash, it is initially active. If I install
a Firefox extention to add a toolbar, it is initially active. If I install a
Kate plugin to add a C++ viewer, it is initially active. If I install an
eclipse plugin to add support for C++, it is initially active.

In fact. I can not for the life of me, think of a single application that does
not activate it's plugins initially after they are installed.

The issue with Konqueror is not that plugins earmarked for it are initially
activated, it is that every application under the sun add sa Konq plugin, and
it is usually not obvious to the user they are doing this. Plugins in the
Konq-plugins project sould be activated by default without issue IMO.

--
If you wait by the river long enough, eventually
you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.