media:/ and distribution of system scripts within kdebase

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Jan 13 10:57:45 GMT 2005

On Thursday 13 January 2005 11:49, Anders Lund wrote:
> On Thursday 13 January 2005 08:48, Kévin Ottens wrote:
> > Le Jeudi 13 Janvier 2005 02:48, Jonathan Riddell a écrit :
> > > Maybe use
> > >  kde-config --prefix
> >
> > If I'm not mistaken, kde-config is generally installed into $KDEDIR/bin ...
> > I'm not sure that will help to determine $KDEDIR. :-)
>
> If the PATH is correct with kDEDIR/bin up front when it's run, it should be
> fine.

This makes no sense :)
To solve "kfoo isn't in the PATH" you suggest: using $PATH to find kde-config,
and then using kde-config to find $KDEDIR/bin, and running kfoo from there.
This is completely useless, since if $KDEDIR/bin is in the PATH, one doesn't need
any of this, kfoo is available right from the start :)
Funny how the initial problem was lost during the discussion.