System tray "close" dialog needs work

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Tue Jan 11 18:31:38 GMT 2005

On Friday 07 January 2005 5:40 pm, Sébastien Laoût wrote:
> Perhapse the messagebox showing should be delayed like this:
> - Compute if screenshot is showable
> - If yes and if kicker isn't raised:
>   * call QTimer::singleShot(500ms, slotThatShowTheMessage)
> - else (kicker is raised (but how to know that?))
>   * show the message directly.

I still don't see why if you *know* the icon is being managed by the ksystray
applet, you can't just tell it to paint itself onto a QPixmap and return that
via a DCOP call. Something like "dcop kicker KSystemTrayIface
systemTrayImage()"

This saves you from all that raising / hiding / screenshot nonsense (that
would likely flicker)

Sure it won't work for other system trays, but neither will DCOP calls to
raise/lower the tray.

--
If you wait by the river long enough, eventually
you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.