turning off konq extensions by default

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Jan 10 10:22:03 GMT 2005

Am Sunday 09 January 2005 12:35 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> On Sunday 09 January 2005 12:28, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Sunday 09 January 2005 11:44, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > I think a submenu containing all the current variants should be
> > > there.
> >
> > Why? How many of those variants do you really need?
>
> I usually switch to "IE 5.5. on W2K" if something doesn't work, if it still
> has problems I try some others, usually highest version.
> I guess some web developers know better how many are really needed.

IE 5.5 is a good guess as this is the default on Windows98 and W2K, so it's
for sure supported by most sites. But if we would reduce the options to "Internet Explorer",
then we would need the latest version to not get "update your browser" from
bleeding edge sites. But then again we fall into the trap of sites that were
written before IE 6 and were never updated since then (been there, done that).

It's not that black & white as it may appear, but I agree that having the common
options in high level and a detailed selection somewhere lower.

Greetings, Stephan