turning off konq extensions by default

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Jan 9 11:57:51 GMT 2005

On Sunday 09 January 2005 04:28, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Why? How many of those variants do you really need? I only ever use the
> most recent Mozilla variant and in very rare cases the most recent IE
> variant (and it always annoys me that I have to scan this long list of
> variants). If you need the detailed stuff then write a Detailed Change
> Browser Identification extension (i.e. use the current one) and use
> that one instead of the User-friendly Change Browser Identification
> extension.

i'm not sure what the reason for needing the detailed stuff is at all. i'd be
content with simply having the configuration dialog for that when it's
absolutely needed with the UA switcher offering one entry per browser type.

it may even make sense to offer in the config dalog a way to define which
entries show in that menu, so that people can add Opera and Netscape 4 if
they wish, for instance.

--
Aaron J. Seigo