accessibility misfeatures

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Sun Jan 9 11:21:55 GMT 2005

[Scott Wheeler, Samstag, 8. Januar 2005 19:57]
> On Saturday 08 January 2005 16:02, Gunnar Schmi Dt wrote:
> > Sticky Keys: Usefull if you cannot press two keys simultaneously.
> > Basicly the modifier keys work like lock keys. (Keyboard gesture:
> > press Shift 5 consecutive times)
[...]
> MPlayer and Xine, to prevent the screensaver from being activated, send
> a shift key press every few seconds.
[...]
> Would it perhaps be possible to use a different key?

The key gesture is defined by X, not be KDE, so we cannot change it
easily. By using the shift key, MPlayer and Xine are broken for every X
user that has these gestures activated. This includes GNOME users, so the
only sensible way is to fix the applications.

I am cc'ing kde-accessibility, as this is the proper list for
accessibility topics.

Olaf

--
KDE Accessibility Project