turning off konq extensions by default

Sébastien Laoût slaout at linux62.org
Sat Jan 8 20:54:46 GMT 2005

Le sam 08/01/2005 à 20:54, Scott Wheeler a écrit :
> Just because we happen to keep the plugin repository on the local disk rather
> than online somewhere a la Mozilla doesn't mean that we should turn on every
> plugin in existence for Konq.  In fact, I think we should turn them all off
> by default.

I totaly agree.
Plugins are, by definition, optional!

I like KDE (Konquy, Kopete...) comming with all (or most) plugins by
default, because I even don't have to download them (compared to
firefox, which I should retreive all plugins I use after all
installations I do).
Without packaging them with the app, I don't think I would have
downloaded kopete plugins.
Nor Konquy ones.

So, Kopete does the things great: they are desabled by default.

I've read somewhere (perhapse here or on kde-usability) that KDE HEAD
have a "Configure Plugins..." menu entry.
Can anybody confirm, and say what there is in this dialog?
Can they be disabled?
If yes, are they already turned off by default?
If not, they should (if nobody complain, but I don't think so).

I remember the last most intrusive plugin was Googlebar: I've "brutaly"
removed the files to get ride of this pixels consuming bar.
Some other peoples would like it, and like the fact it's included in KDE
vanilla. But let peoples choose.

--
Séb.