[patch] account for font size in iconview spacing

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Thu Jan 6 12:30:37 GMT 2005

On Thursday 06 January 2005 12:29, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> Honestly I've never noticed it, but now that I see it

It's rather new.

> (sidenote:  I think
> that's a terrible location for that setting, but...)

Well, I don't know who decided to put settings in the advanced dialog, but it
fits with the other settings there.

> I'm not sure that it changes anything.

It should do when the icons are aligned to the grid.
(The setting is only used to calculate the grid width).
If you don't use a grid alignment, then the text should be completely visible
- but I've seen that changing the grid aligning checkbox does not refresh the
desktop. I'll check.

> I'd tend to say Doing The Right Thing is more important than being able to
> tweak stuff in an obscure dialog, but maybe that's just me.  ;-)

The right thing is hard to define...
But I doubt that limiting the width with an arbitrary value is the right
thing.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

       Some operating systems are called 'user friendly',
             Linux however is 'expert friendly'.