[patch] account for font size in iconview spacing

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Thu Jan 6 11:29:40 GMT 2005

On Thursday 06 January 2005 11:31, Martin Koller wrote:
> On Thursday 06 January 2005 03:11, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> > Anyone object to me committing this (after the temporary freeze)?
>
> Yes, I object, because this is against the idea of having the possibility
> to exactly define the maximum width of the text (and therefore the distance
> of 2 adjacent objects on the desktop).

I'm not sure that being able to define it exactly is more important than
having it behave in a sane way when the font size is changed.

There's already stuff in there to adjust for the icon size if it's larger than
the minimum -- I'd think a basic text threshhold would fit as well.

> Why don't you simply increase the textwidth setting in the
> desktop/background/advanced properties dialog ?

Honestly I've never noticed it, but now that I see it (sidenote:  I think
that's a terrible location for that setting, but...) I'm not sure that it
changes anything.

I'd tend to say Doing The Right Thing is more important than being able to
tweak stuff in an obscure dialog, but maybe that's just me.  ;-)

-Scott

--
Peace and humptiness forever.
--Digital Underground