[RFC] Security and Features in KPDF

Enrico Ros eros.kde at email.it
Mon Jan 3 21:14:49 GMT 2005

On Monday 03 January 2005 22:03, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 03 January 2005 21:46, Enrico Ros wrote:
>
> > When clicking ok he/she says that he 'trusts' pdf's source, understands
> > the command and still wants to continue executing it.

> I don't think users will understand that they have to enable "show me the
> command" in order to be enable the "Execute" button. Ok, a different
> wording might help.

Good, then they'll press "cancel" !

> It's also quite a lot of text on the dialog, I think many users won't read/
> understand it. As Joel put it:
> Rule 1: users don't read documentation
> Rule 2: users don't read anything

Well.. then they'll press enter and exit. I won't click on a 'random checkbox'
and then on a 'pirate button' without being scary and at least reading bold
text. But if needed we can add a scrambled puzzle to solve before pressing
'execute' and a 10s auto-'cancel' timer. :-)

Ciao,
Enrico

 Sponsor:
 Vuoi ricevere gratuitamente, ogni giovedì, manuali e guide per il tuo PC? Aggiornati gratis con Manuali.net! Clicca qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2733&d=3-1