[RFC] Security and Features in KPDF

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Jan 3 21:03:53 GMT 2005

On Monday 03 January 2005 21:46, Enrico Ros wrote:
> Well, that's oversemplified. We all agree that the action might be
> dangerous. And in fact the dialog can be like this:
>
> http://www.dei.unipd.it/~rosenric/temp/before.png
>
> Notice 'cancel' focused. So the user has to read the advistoy; we have the
> disclaimer; he/she has to click on the checkbox and then:
>
> http://www.dei.unipd.it/~rosenric/temp/after.png
>
> When clicking ok he/she says that he 'trusts' pdf's source, understands the
> command and still wants to continue executing it.

I don't think users will understand that they have to enable "show me the
command" in order to be enable the "Execute" button. Ok, a different wording
might help.

It's also quite a lot of text on the dialog, I think many users won't read/
understand it. As Joel put it:
Rule 1: users don't read documentation
Rule 2: users don't read anything

Bye