3.4 releas plan for translations

heiko.evermann at gmx.de heiko.evermann at gmx.de
Mon Jan 3 19:05:12 GMT 2005

Hi everyone,

http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.4-release-plan.html
concentrates on the source of the programs. I am a bit unsure how this
affects the translations?

Under February 2, we read "The HEAD branch is frozen for nonurgent commits
till 6th". This sounds as if it also concerns checkins in kde-i18n.

Till what day exactly is it possible to check in changes in the translations
(i.e. in kde-i18n) that make it into the final release of KDE 3.4, and which
branch (HEAD or KDE_3_4_BRANCH) will be used for such checkins?

I had already been unsure at the time when KDE 3.3 was made, and luckily I did
not have checkins to make at that time, but this time it would be nice to
know a bit more precicely how long we can translate for 3.4.

And it would be nice to include such info into the release plans. I guess that
quite a number of other translators would also like to know.

Kind regards,

Heiko Evermann
KDE Low Saxon translation team.