Patch for KMainWindow

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sun Feb 27 18:42:24 GMT 2005

On Sunday 27 February 2005 20:33, David Faure wrote:
> Hmm you can't even use KParts if you have conserve-memory set, AFAIK,
> since then gui merging can't happen if the DOM tree was discarded.
> At least you can't switch between parts.

The problem is that it seems to work, at least the katepart was loaded
into Quanta. But I had crashes especially when configuring the toolbars
(and I had other KXMLGUIClient's added to the GUI, which were not
parts, and this also seemed to work).
Even if we keep for simple apps, the developer should be seriously
warned about the usage of the "conserve memory" flag...

Andras