Two weeks later: KDE 3.4 Control Center UI Review

Kurt V. Hindenburg kurt.hindenburg at kdemail.net
Sat Feb 26 21:08:39 GMT 2005

On Saturday 26 February 2005 11:54 am, Waldo Bastian wrote:
| Background
| - Still too wide.

This patch worksforme.

With a fresh $KDEHOME and using 72x72 dpi, the kcontrol window is 800x600.

On my normal 100x100dpi screen without a $KDEHOME/share/config/kcontrolrc, the
kcontrol window is 968x712.  Due to fonts?

A minor nitpick:  When changing to a 'left-handed' mouse and applying it, a
message box pops up with "You have to restart KDE for these to take effect".
This is not the case for swapping the mouse-hands.

Another oddity is that on my 72x72dpi KDE, most of the backgrounds in the
Background->Picture list don't work.  There is no preview and if I press
Apply, I get a grayish-color background.  They all work on my 100x100dpi
system.  For example: Alien NIght, All good people and ancient Gylph don't
work, but Andres V. does.

  Regards,
    Kurt