cvs2svn statistics

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Feb 25 17:03:02 GMT 2005

Stephan Kulow wrote:
>Michael Matz and I did heavy experiments with converting
>cvs to subversion in one go (on some machine that is made
>for that :)

Out of curiosity, what are the specs? :-)

>As you can see this can be done in a bit more than day (the cleaning
>takes another two hours). So if we convert to subversion, I think we
>should do it in one go. The subversion developers were not yet able
>to explain why fsfs misbehaves so badly, so I'm retrying with bdb
> backend.

One day offline seems acceptable for the conversion.

Do you have a set date for that? I think a week or two after KDE 3.4.1 is
released is ideal. That would give us time to work on Qt4 ports, KDE 3.5
and the 3.4 backports in Subversion.

I plan on finishing the Subversion tutorial this weekend, then I'll start
collecting questions for a FAQ.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:

5. Swa he géanhwearf tó timbran, and hwonne he cóm, lá! Unix cwæð "Hello,
World". Ǽfre ǽghwilc wæs glæd and seo woruld wæs fréo.