Sane default font

Thomas Zander zander32 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 10:52:37 GMT 2005

Hi Esben.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:27:37 +0000, Esben Mose Hansen <kde at mosehansen.dk> wrote:
> On Sunday 2005-02-20 22:05, Mirko Boehm wrote:
>
> > I have to agree on this: Just because "monitors should be 75dpi" does not
> > mean they are. After installing KDE on a new system, the first thing I
> > usually is to adjust the font size to something smaller.
> >
> > I suggest to change the default to 10px.
>
> a) This REALLY should go on the kde-usability list. cc-ing.

Actually; the adjustments in default settings is something most
distros do, mostly based on expected use.  I am afraid any argument
for larger/smaller default settings will be baseless and/or endless
for the whole KDE community.

> b) I always adjust my font to something larger upon installing, so the fonts
> are not too large per se.
> c) If the font is too large, it is easy to reduce it. If it too small
> (=unreadable) it is much more difficult.
>
> Suggesting not decreasing font size, or determine it interactively and/or
> dynamically when KDE is first run

Sounds like a good feature for the kde-setup-wizard. Something you
don't really need usability permission for :)
We would OTOH really like to see any design before its going to be implemented!

--
Thomas Zander