Announcing test svn import

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Feb 20 18:20:36 GMT 2005

On Sunday 20 February 2005 17:20, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> I'd like to hear input on it, from everyone:
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/subversion/

- I would prefer /trunk/core over /trunk/KDE. KDE is more than the core
modules after all.
- I don't really see the need for a "work" directory, separating between
temporary and released branches seems to be a bit artificial. A
temporary branch will disappear when it isn't needed anymore in any
case, so it won't clutter the directory it's in, be it "branches" or
something else.
- It might be nice to give the trunk direcory a bit more structure and
move some modules into subdirectories. I don't see why kofficetests or
khtmltests should be in the top-level directory, for example. This
would also give home to the modules currently left out.
- Branches should probably include one or several subdirectories named
after the project. So it isn't needed to come up with super-creative
branch names. kwebdev/quanta/make-it-cool sounds fine to me.
- "tags" shouldn't be named "releases". There are lots of tags which
don't correspond to a release, but just identify some kind of snapshot.
A "releases" subdirectory in "tags" might make sense, though.