subversion

Stanislav Karchebny berk at upnet.ru
Fri Feb 18 22:34:58 GMT 2005

On Saturday 19 February 2005 01:11, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Stanislav Karchebny wrote:
> >Did anyone consider SVK*?
> >
> >*) http://svk.elixus.org/
>
> If I understand SVK correctly, the point is moot. SVK uses Subversion
> servers. It changes only the client-side of the equation -- replacing the
> client tool (svn with svk) and the extracted copy module (WC with XD).
>
> So, you can choose to use svk in your KDE checkouts. It'll even save you
> on disk space, because of XD.
>
> If I understand SVK correctly.

Right. While SVK server is in alpha testing, its not mature enough, but anyway
combining svn repo with svk's power to pull off cvs/p4/svn/arch and merge to
svn can be useful.

--
keep in touch. berkus.

Roey on #kde-devel: when I hear best of breed I tune out--it's too much a
buzzword. What I carry between my legs is best of breed. And like KDE, just
because it's less visible doesn't mean it gets less usage.