Subversion problems

Charles Samuels charles at kde.org
Fri Feb 18 19:10:50 GMT 2005

On Friday 18 February 2005 1:15, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> I can't think of a way that should make this impossible. The .svn subdirs
> are all plain text and you don't lock anything on checkout

The disk space lost is the least of our concerns IMO:

$ time cvs -d :ext:cvs.kde.org:/home/kde co kdelibs
[...]
real    32m31.126s
user    0m18.244s
sys     0m10.621s

$ time svn co svn+ssh://svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdelibs
[...]
Checked out revision 348425.

real    47m6.614s
user    0m12.931s
sys     0m15.547s

(Both were run starting at the same time, my cvs is set to -z5, and my
bandwidth has been very well saturated for most of the time).

-Charles