Annoying build system problems

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Fri Feb 18 17:01:21 GMT 2005

On Friday 18 February 2005 17:43, I wrote:
> I wonder if this is intended.  Applicable fixes that come to my mind right
> now would include making "prepend-path=true" the default, or (seems cleaner
> to me) to change the list of paths in the calls to KDE_FIND_PATH to be
> either empty or only include  [${prefix}/bin ${exec_prefix}/bin].  (Both
> solutions assume that paths like /usr/bin are in $PATH anyhow, which is
> reasonable IMHO.)  Wouldn't this make sense?

I guess attaching my old, hacky patch could be misleading.  Attached you'll
find another one which just removes the default paths from KDE_FIND_PATH
calls (only for freetype-config as an example).

I still think prepend-path=true should be default anyhow, and K_F_P should
only be called with unusual, package-related paths if necessary.

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS