Subversion problems

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Thu Feb 17 09:44:37 GMT 2005

<zitiere wer="Andras Mantia">
>> As subversion has a global revision number for repos, even without
>> update by date it is much easier to find when some bug was
>> introduced, you just go back
>> xxx revisions instead of xxx days, or to some known revision
>
> But what if a directory has 10 files, from which 3 were modified in the
> last week, and I want to go back to the state of the repository which
> was a week ago. Is this possible without knowing which files were
> modified and going back one by one using revision information of those
> 3 files?
if you update to a given revision number, the whole tree will be updated
to this state, e.g. if you would have multiple changes in between they
would all be away. for subversion the revision number is unique for whole
repos, each commit increments it by one, e.g. multiple changes would
create multiple new revisions of WHOLE repos ;)

look at svn book for more details, nice description there, IMHO this is
one of the best points about svn