subversion

Christian Parpart trapni at gentoo.org
Mon Feb 14 16:42:43 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 February 2005 5:31 pm, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Montag, 14. Februar 2005 16:07 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> > Fortunately I can say, that subversion will open soon for performance and
> > acceptance testing and if that passes, we will migrate our CVS as fast as
> > possible (different thread!)
>
> Why? What are the current shortcomings of CVS that cannot be overcome in
> the future (moving modules?)?

This is AFAIR no longer any part of discussion to prevent the
move from CVS away to SVN. There're pros and cons, as always, and
are although provided on their homepage[1].

> Does the port of the infrastructure also include convenience features like
> webcvs? Don't substitute svn's http export, it's unusable (at least it was
> when I looked last time).

viewcvs[2] supports Subversion repository for quite a long
time now.

> Will cervisia work with it?

They're working on it IIRC.

[1] http://subversion.tigris.org/
[2] http://viewcvs.sourceforge.net/

--
Netiquette: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
 17:36:19 up 108 days, 10:06,  3 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.77, 1.16