thoughts on the systray

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Feb 14 21:35:06 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 of February 2005 22:19, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Monday 14 February 2005 21:00, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > 2) applet-like cases
> > - e.g. kxkb, klipper
>
> Isn't the only difference that they don't have a "window" asociated with
> them?

 It is, but it's _the_ difference. Basically kxkb the systray icon the systray
icon is the main interface. With some app which uses systray for minimizing
the window is the main interface, and the systray icon is just something
additional. It makes the two things very different for me, different
concepts.

 BTW, I just noticed a couple of minutes ago, Konsole now has a wish at b.k.o
about getting systray support. Looking forward to seeing requests for the
same for KWrite, Konqueror and KControl.