Build system (was Re: Future of KDE Development)

Peter Rockai (mornfall) mornfall at kalyxo.org
Mon Feb 14 18:22:56 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 February 2005 16:50, Stephan Kulow wrote:
[snip]

> Scons hasn't really good support for complex configure tests, nor does it
> have support for distcc/icecream, nor does it have good support for
> srcdir!=builddir (or can you claim otherwise with rosegarden? I only read
> the manual). But having had a glimpse in scons's code, this might be
> fixable.
Icecream works pretty fine out of the box for me with scons. Ccache is more or
less obsoleted as scons has internal build cache support. For
srcdir!=builddir, there definitely is some support, however currently it
seems limited to specifying build directory in the SConstruct/SConscript
files (which is not what we want, right?).

--
Peter Rockai <mornfall()kalyxo!org> {+421907533216}
http://www.kalyxo.org, http://www.kde.org, http://www.debian.org