Future of KDE Development

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Mon Feb 14 16:35:10 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 February 2005 16:07, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> But let me list the things we're facing in the future:
>
> - Qt4 port
> - Windows port
Is the Qt/Mac port official/stable? otherwise add that to the list.

>   -  KDE_3_5_BRANCH (or /branches/KDE/3.5 :) for a future KDE 3.5 release.
>      When it's clear that development in there stops as people are
> satisfied/bored with it and rather spent time with Qt4, we make a release
> on short notice (e.g. two months after we agree to release) - latest
> christmas 2005.
I see 3.5 as more like a 3.4 but with a little feature-creep. The question is
if we would be better served with only one alternative branch, and instead
allow small new features in the applications from 3.4.2.

The prospect of after solving a bug, commiting first to HEAD, then backporting
to both a development 3.5 branch and the stable 3.4 branch, is just scary.

`Allan