Monitor preview image (Was: KDE 3.4 Control Center UI Review)

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Mon Feb 14 12:19:29 GMT 2005

On Sunday 13 February 2005 18:31, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> - The preview Monitor which is consistently used throughout various modules
> needs some minor adjustments
[Snip]
> Background
> - Preview Monitor has ugly border around background image before the border
> of the monitor itself starts.

I think the new picture for the monitor used with the background preview
doesn’t entirely work as-is. This border looks weird. I tried to come up with
a borderless version. This is a bit of a challenge because the code pretty
much likes the actual preview to be square but the monitor really looks
better with round edges.

I halfway managed to fix the problem for the background dialog, the panel
dialog shouldn’t be a problem either, but the monitor is also used for the
screensaver configuration dialog and this is a problem because the
screensavers themselves draw directly in the (square) window.

Before: http://www.svn.net/bastian/kde/kcmbackground2.png
After: http://www.svn.net/bastian/kde/kcmbackground1.png

Attached: draft patch for background module, new image with transparant screen
area

Problem: how to get the round borders in the screensaver configuration dialog

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian at kde.org   |   Free Novell Linux Desktop 9 Evaluation Download