KDE 3.4 Control Center UI Review

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Mon Feb 14 09:59:29 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 February 2005 10:39, Martin Koller wrote:
> On Sunday 13 February 2005 18:31, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > KDE 3.4 Control Center UI Review
> >
> > Default size 800x600
> > Left pane 300 pixels wide, right pane 500 pixels wide
>
> Don't you think that a 300 pixel wide left pane in relation to a 500 pixel
> work area is much too wide ?

Let me start by saying that this is the default setting.

For the treeview and with my settings, 300 pixels for the left pane is about
right. All the texts are readable without scrolling although you do get a
horizontal scrollbar in some situations. (I'm not sure how much a horizontal
scrollbar makes sense here, if you can't read the text you can enlarge the
area instead of scrolling it, which seems rather awkward to me.)

> I don't know the default mode, but with icon view and medium size icons,
> 200 pixels is enough.

The treeview is the default mode. In icon view it needs about 260 pixels here.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian at kde.org   |   Free Novell Linux Desktop 9 Evaluation Download