Sony Vaio support in kdelibs (Fwd: kvaio for TR3)

Mirko Boehm mirko at kde.org
Sat Feb 12 18:15:18 GMT 2005

Hi folks,

a while ago I implemented Sony Vaio laptop support in kdeutils. It works quite
well, the implemented functionality is pretty much set. Unfortunately, things
evolve here, and, for example, new function keys are added which need to be
handled as events in the module and interfaced to the respective functional
libraries or tools.

Since I do not have access to a Sony laptop anymore, I cannot test this
changes and incorporate them into the CVS code.

Hence here is the question: Is somebody willing to take over to maintain the
Vaio code? The code should be quite understandable, and I will of course
support in any problems of understanding that might arise.

Best regards,
--Mirko.