kdirlister + media:/ ioslave question

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Sat Feb 12 17:26:10 GMT 2005

Oh gee, I know, I know! Problem seems to be in KDirLister, actually :-/
Here's why:

On Monday 07 February 2005 22:48, Martin Koller wrote:
> Thinking: When I look at media:/ with konqi, I see all devices, unmounted
> or mounted. So the items are always there.
> Probably KDirLister does it correctly when it just tells me on mounting
> that one item has changed with the refresh signal ?
No, it doesn't, unfortunately. The item is filtered out by mime type and
should not be listed. When the mimetype changed after mounting it the
KDirListerCache already holds the item and thus tells all KDirListers that
the item just changed. The KDirListers see that no filter matches and
therefore emit refreshItems() instead of first checking if the file matched a
filter before. We never had this case up to know, I guess, that's why this
could get through unnoticed for so long... bummer.

> On the other side, why do I get then a deleted signal on unmount ?
Because there the refreshed item matches a filter and there, too, we emit
unconditionally the deleteItem signal.

I'll fix both issues.

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience