slaveBase::copy between differing url hosts

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Tue Feb 8 16:12:43 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 11:53 am, Mike 'Mike' Jones wrote:
> That's the first time I've come across FXP, I suspect FXP is just the
> implementation of the server to server transfers as suggested in rfc959.
> Certainly the Changelog for gFTP hints at this.

Yes, it is. The user connects to both servers using PASV, tells one he is
doing an upload, and one he is doing a download, and directs the server's
data channels to speak to each other rather than though him.

FXP has been in wide use for at least a few years now, at least in the
communities that tend to transfer large binaries around frequently, *hint
hint* :P

--
If you wait by the river long enough, eventually
you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.