kmail

Dave Feustel dfeustel at verizon.net
Tue Feb 8 04:16:47 GMT 2005

On Monday 07 February 2005 10:56 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 07 February 2005 07:39, Dave Feustel wrote:
> > I have been using Kmail heavily for almost 3 years now. I am quite happy
> > with the way it normally works. Various problems with the most recent
> > version of kmail have surfaced recently (a couple of months after
> > installation) which have made me wonder whether kmail could have been
> > trojaned.
>
> i have suspicions, no proof, that you would be better served moving this
> thread to the kdepim-users at kde.org mailing list, especially if you can
> provide details of your problems.

I can.

> i have reasons to believe, being active in
> development, that you'll stand a better chance of getting help there where
> this would be very on-topic. ;)

I'll subscribe.

> btw, i'm ++glad to see politically active people such as yourself moving to
> politically resonsible platforms. three "huzzah"s for Free software in the
> social change communities.

Be aware that I didn't switch to run open source software, although I
have been quite happy with OpenBSD. I switched for greater
protection against hacking than Windows could (ever) provide.
My expectations have been more than met. That applies also to KDE.
My most recent pleasant KDE discovery is kstars, which is a quite nice
astronomical display program.