DCOP interface in kicker broke compatibility?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Feb 2 10:09:02 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 02:43, George Staikos wrote:
>    It seems to me that the DCOP interface in kicker has changed, which
> means that my existing scripts (and pre-programmed memory for typing dcop
..
> kicker kicker restart".  Given that we publish these things as public API,
> I think we need to be keeping compatibility on them.  Anyone know more
> about this?

Lauri noticed something similar recently -- has quit() moved as well? It
caused some consternation, and while we were able to re-discover all the
required functionality, it was a pain in the butt.

As George points out, a DCOP interface should be considered a published,
public API for which compatibility is required to be preserved. (I remember
KNotes' interface change, which even caused data loss in some cases with
applications still expecting the old interface).

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot