DCOP interface in kicker broke compatibility?

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Feb 2 01:43:24 GMT 2005

   It seems to me that the DCOP interface in kicker has changed, which means
that my existing scripts (and pre-programmed memory for typing dcop commands)
are no longer functional.  I was unable to narrow down when it happened, but
it seems that, for instance, "dcop kicker Panel restart" used to be a valid
call but no longer is.  It seems to have moved to "dcop kicker kicker
restart".  Given that we publish these things as public API, I think we need
to be keeping compatibility on them.  Anyone know more about this?

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/