Factoring out standard system information

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sat Dec 31 14:10:53 GMT 2005

On Saturday 31 December 2005 00:25, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 29 December 2005 19:00, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > How does that square with SK's merger into plasma? The system resource
> > reading is some of the most popular stuff in SK.
>
> the idea at this point is to offer the concept of a data engine within the
> plasma framework. then different domains (system information, presence,
> calendar info, etc..) will have an engine provided for it. this provides a
> standard discovery, loading, initialization (if any is required) and to
> some extent usage methodology for the problem of "get information of type X
> in a timely manner".

OK, so it doesn't matter for plasma _where_ that information comes from - we
could provide some centralized classes (using whatever backend) and plasma
could use those to create its data engine. So we come back to: what code,
what API and where in KDElibs?

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot