[Patch] KDialog / KDialogBase

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Sat Dec 31 00:11:06 GMT 2005

Hello

I have merged KDialog and KDialogBase into one class.

The constructor is now mush simpler.
and i have removed some useless inconstant function.

Is it ok to commit ?

I have some questions about stuff in the old KDialogBase that was not very
well documented, and i don't know what it is used for.

- showTile /setBackgroundTile / haveBackgroundTile
   This seems to be to change the background of all the dialog.
   It is anyway never used (according to lxr.kde.org) , and doesn't look very
usefull.   Also, the current implementation looks broken because it use a
QPixmap* and there is problems of dead pointer  (as used in the
kaboutdialogtest at least).   Also, isn't this against KDE UI Guidelines ?
I'd like to remove it so i can get ride of kdialogbase_priv.h :-)

- incInitialSize( const QSize&, bool   noResize = false )
    If i understand correctly, it is used to grow the dialog a bit.
    Doesn't that show a flaw in the way size are calculated (the minimum) ?
    Is it good to allow the make the dialog not resizeable ?
    (and even if it is, there is still QWidget function to get that effect)