non-technical problem [Re: Qt->glib main event loop patch (common main loop)]

Philip Van Hoof spam at pvanhoof.be
Fri Dec 30 15:01:08 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 15:31 +0100, nf2 wrote:

> >A little fd.o event loop library written in C would be perfect (and a patched
> >Glib that uses it).  It can be modelled closely after the Glib event loop
> >model, like D-Bus was modelled after the DCOP model. Maybe it's also possible
> >to extract the code from Glib and relicense it (depends on who owns the
> >copyright)? Anyone up to the challenge?

> Perhaps this issue should be discussed with the people on the gtk-list.

As a Gtk+/GNOME (application) developer myself, I'm interested in
helping with this task.

As I don't want to do useless work, I'll wait until the final
conclusions/decisions are made by both the Glib and Qt people.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be